Teach me something

I'm not sure if it's their wet grins or their fingers that curl into the shape of a gun trigger but some people seem to camp rent free so easily in other's hearts. I am no exception to any rules but I have stopped blaming myself for doing what I could, for sometimes being less outspoken than I should have been, and for surviving the way I do. Just because you managed to get your tongue down my throat does not mean that I am easy. I am not easy because I have instead learned to be easy on myself when I'm not strong enough to do the right thing. I have learned that when Ferris tells you life goes by pretty fast, you should listen to him and take a look around.

Tell me about your favourite movie, teach me about what makes you laugh and what makes you cry. As Stephen King said, we all look the same when we're puking the gutter. So tell me you're not afraid to see what's at the bottom, because we all do at some point. Let's be easy on ourselves when one of us overwhelms the other but let's not forget that we both know what goes unsaid, because the difference between being lonely and being alone is the look in someone's eyes.

When someone tells you they love you, believe them. If you're too afraid to believe someone else's heart then you're too afraid to believe your own. If you want the world to be easy on you, be easy on yourself. When a soft breeze runs through your hair, ask it to teach you something because as much as it hurts to be wrong, it hurts more to beat yourself up for something that the world has already punished you once for. Be more like my grandmother, who dresses the alter at her church with beautiful flower arrangements for every mass, and dresses her own home the same, as if her foyer is an alter for coffee gossip and crossword puzzles. Take down the bouquets every season and replace them with new ones but don't forget that you will never learn without being gentle with yourself, that bees prefer to rest on a soft bed of pollen before going off to work. 

Comments